We are looking for a talented Diesel Technician to join our team! This job posting is open to the best and the brightest so if you are the best at what you do, we'd love to chat.
This role is responsible for:
- Perform routine maintenance, scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks (light and heavy) in a mobile/field environment.
- Respond to call center dispatched unscheduled service and maintenance requests.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in a timely fashion.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage your own daily schedule with a high level of productivity
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Requirements for this position include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Diesel Technician on Class 6 – 8 type of vehicles.
- Valid Driver’s License required. CDL-A preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education. Technical school is a plus.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
- Proficiency in the use of mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms
- Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors / in the elements at customer yards/locations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, Safety conscious, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
- Proficiency in and ability to obtain certificates for DOT Inspection and Air Brakes repairs
Interested techs should send their resumes to: Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT apply in person.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.